Saturday, March 23, 2019

Today's Class

This morning I had the March "Create, Challenge, Encourage" Stamp Class. We had a great time together. These ladies are such an encouragement to me. I was sorry to tell them that the April class will be our last one. I am finding it harder and harder to be creative as my husband's battle with Parkinson's Disease continues. The first card was posted on March 7. Another card needs some extra pictures. So that leaves two.

On this first card, I wanted to highlight the new Sale-A-Bration embossing folder called "Country Floral". This folder is beautiful. A small piece of card stock was embossed and added to a white card base. The accent color used was Lost Lagoon. The sentiment and heart was from the set "Ribbon Of Courage." I sponged on a little ink in order to accent some of the flowers.


I ended up making two samples of the next card. The first one was made using Lost Lagoon ink and card stock. But not wanting to make two cards using the same color I chose the color Sweet Sugarplum.

This is called "RetiForm Technique". It has been around for sometime. You basically section off different  parts of the card stock, sponge on your ink choice and then stamp the images in that section. It might have been better if we had used a darker shade of ink. I still like the cards this way.

I chose two stamps sets "Touches of Texture" and "Painted Seasons". I thought these two sets worked well together.






4 comments:

  1. Dianne - so sorry to hear that you are giving up your classes. Please be aware, Jim and I are keeping you and Don in our prayers. You are both such warm and loving, faithful people. Wish we could help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinterest brought me here to see your lovely creations (I adore Lost Lagoon!). I'm sorry that my first visit is when you're sadly having to announce giving up classes. I, too, teach in home classes and it brings a lot of joy to my life. I'm sorry for your husband's struggle with Parkinson's. Clearly you are a good and loving wife. Hugs & Prayers to you and your husband! I hope you are still able to find ways to enjoy your crafting hobby in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am saddened as the previous writer Penny L. And ditto to everything she said

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Dianne, I love your cards, they are so pretty and today is the first day I saw on Pinterest your cards. I was looking for wedding card ideas as my youngest son is getting married this September. My husband has Parkinson's disease as well. He has had it for we think, 7 years now and it is getting progressively worse, even though he keeps very active with bike riding and running. I will be saying prayers for you and your husband. God Bless, Joan

    ReplyDelete