Thursday, April 4, 2019

Something Different

There are times when I just need to do something really simple. That's where I have been this week. I spent some time at my sewing machine on s few projects that were quick and easy.

The first one was something I just wanted to try. It was simple and didn't take a lot of time.


I have been making these little tulip blocks. I am not sure what I am going to end up doing with them, but I have been enjoying just making them. I saw a sample of the above block on someone's blog and had to give it a try. My sample is now hanging on the wall in my kitchen. Each of the tulip blocks measures  4 1/2" x 4 1/2". The wall hanging above finished at 8" x 14".

Here is the link to the tutorial that I followed -- Podunk Posy quilt block tutorial

Then yesterday I finished up a couple of "mug rugs". I love making these little placemats. Their size was 8" x 10". This morning I gave a friend one for her birthday. I think the other one is going to be mine.

The printed squares can be found in Inspirational Mug Mats by June Tailor. There are several different sets with each containing about seven printed blocks. I used blocks from two different sets. The first one from "Quilty Fun" and the second one from "Spiritual". I am looking forward to making other mug rugs using the other squares.





Share what you love.

2 comments:

  1. Love the tulip block. Where is the link for the tutorial?
    DR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have entered a link to the blog where I found the tutorial that I used up above. If you have other questions just let me know.

      Delete