Monday, June 29, 2020

My "Fancy Foxes Quilt"

Sometime ago I saw a picture of  a quilt made with a pattern called "Fancy Foxes". I was hoping to try and make a quilt of my own someday. Well, with all the time we have spent at home these past four months I got my chance.

I needed some little boy quilts and decided that this would be the perfect time to make this pattern. I tried to figure out how to make the block myself. I got pretty close but could not get the lower part of his face to look right. So. I found the pattern was made by Elizabeth Hartman and was available as a PDF download. So as soon as my PayPal payment when through, I was able to download the pattern. Here is a link to the pattern -- Fancy Foxes.


Oh, what fun I had seeing each fox's face completed.

The finished quilt measures 34" x 46". For the background I used Kona medium gray fabric that I had purchased at JoAnn Fabrics. Thankfully I had written the color along one of the selvages because I ran out of the fabric. When I was able to go into the store earlier this month I found that they still had some of the fabric.



For the backing, I had a piece of light gray flannel that was perfect. I pray that some little baby boy will enjoy this quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment