Tuesday, May 12, 2020

It Is Finished!!!

Getting a project finished is a great feeling. We began a sew-along at our Pieces and Patches Quilt Guild in August of 2018. We were doing one square a week using Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. During the winter as I had time I would work on my blocks. I finished my blocks in mid July, 2019. During next few weeks, I got all the blocks sewn together. The only thing left was to add the border, have it quilted and put the binding on.

During the summer I bought fabric for the border, back and binding. In February 2020, I began thinking about getting it finished. The guild quilt show was coming up in May, and it would be fun to show it there. After putting the first piece of border on, I knew immediately that it was not not the right fabric. I found a piece of fabric from my "stash" and decided to use it. It worked beautifully. Got the borders sewn on, took it to Jeanne to be quilted and put the border on a few days after I got it home.

I love my quilt. I made all 6-inch squares. I learned so much.
I got it finished!








2 comments: