Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Continuing To Learn

Every once in a while, I sit down at the sewing machine and practice "Free Motion Quilting". It looks so easy when watching a video. BUT IT IS NOT EASY. The teachers say "practice, practice, practice".  Boy, is that a true statement.

These placemats were done the last of February and the very first part of March. The quilting does not show up in the picture very well. On the middle red, I used loops and meandering. On the outside sections, I did straight line quilting.








On the following placemat, I tried pencil quilting. I love the effect, but I was surprised at how much the fabric migrated during the quilting process, even though I thought that I had pinned the quilt sandwich together well. I think I was able to salvage the placemat, but I see the distortion every time I look at the picture.


I am enjoying the sunshine this afternoon here in Jackson, Michigan. Praying that everyone who sees this post is well and enjoying your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment