Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Third In The Set

Today  I am posting the third placemat that I just finished. Again I went to my scrap basket, sewed several strips together and made this placemat. I quilted it much like the other two.




Here is a picture of the quilting. All was done using the IDT on my Pfaff sewing machine. I used a decorative stitch that I have seen called "the wiggly stitch".  I reduced the width of the stitch from 9mm down to 6.5mm and increased the length from 3.2mm to 3.6mm. Then I just follow the seam lines. This stitch is very forgiving. If I happen to get off a little, it doesn't show.

For the borders, the machine was set for a regular straight stitch. As I sewed across the border I moved the fabric from side to side to create the waves. No lines to follow and I can make it as wavy as I want. This is an easy way to add the quilting to your work.


No comments:

Post a Comment