Sunday, February 2, 2020

A New Year -- 2020

I can hardly believe that the first month of 2020 is gone. Here in Michigan we have had some really warm days and a few really cold days. We have also had a couple of large snow storms.

Parkinson's Disease continues to be a controlling factor in my days. My husband has some really good days and then there are days that are difficult. We try to take each day as a gift. Over the past few months I seem to be doing more and more quilting and less of the card making. I am trying to use fabric that I have on hand and I am also trying to become better at free motion quilting.

I took strips from my scarp basket and sewed them together to make some placemats. I then tried different ways of quilting them. It has been good to try something new. These placemats will be donated to "Meals On Wheels" in a few weeks.




Each mat measures approximately 12 x 16-inches. The pictures are not the greatest but the quilting shows up well.



No comments:

Post a Comment