Thursday, April 12, 2018

New Cards

I just finished this card last night. I had been wanting to make a card like this for a long time. I got the basic parts made and then I could not decide on how to decorate it. I tried numerous things but nothing seemed quite right. When I found the ribbon bow on the desk and tried it, I really liked it. I wanted to put three buttons on the front but unfortunately there was room for only two.

I chose Coastal Cabana for the card base. The accent color is Crumb Cake. The Designer Paper came from a pad called "Fresh Prints". The sentiment comes from a long retired set called "Well Scripted". I struggle with getting rid of some the older retired Stampin' Up sets. For me, some of those sets never go out of style.

The "Collar Fold"



After making my first "Shutter Fold" card, I wanted to try another one. I am thinking of doing this card in two classes that will be coming up in a couple of weeks.

For this card I used the heavy weight white card stock for the base. I found this designer paper in one of the stacks that I have. It is from s-e-i and is called Cold Springs from the Silver Valley Collection. Then I was able to find light blue card stock that matched the blue in the designer paper. Pretty cool.

The word "Congratulations" is from the stamp set called "Flourishing Phrases". The inside greeting "ON YOUR WEDDING DAY" is from the "Best Birds" set. I am still thinking that I would like a little decoration on the belly band by the word "Congratulations" but I am not sure what that will be right now.

The Shutter/Peek-a-Boo Fold"


3 comments:

  1. Tfs , there both beautiful, I made one like your happy Birthday one , but a man one , with the new man dsp, it’s came out cute , thanks
    Frenchie

    ReplyDelete