Monday, March 10, 2014

The Sun is Shining

The sun is shining and the temperature is above freezing. It seems that the long, cold winter is loosing its hold and spring will soon be here. I got to my computer this morning, anxious to see what today's CAS challenge was going to be. I looked at the inspirational picture; I was not sure just what it was all about. I read it again and looked at the picture again. What did I see? First, I saw the tiny, little flowers and the pretty pastel colors. Both are things I love to use in making my cards. Then I got the e-mail regarding the weekly Mojo challenge. Ideas began to flow and the idea of making one card fit both challenges began to come to mind. This is my card.



I used the stamp set "Cherry Blossoms" from Rubber Stamp Tapestery. The inks I chose were: Memento Toffee Crunch, SU Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride and, finally, Raspberry Ripple. I used a circle mask made with a Spellbinder's die to stamp the focal image. I used that same die and the next larger one to create the frame using Soft Suede card stock. My card base is the Soft Suede cardstock. To create the border for the main image, I used the SU dotted scallop ribbon border punch (a long name for such a small punched border). The sentiment, from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Faith set, was stamped in Soft Suede ink.

I am including a picture of the Mojo Sketch and a link to the inspirational picture.

1 comment:

  1. I love your card. the color of the flowers are so pretty. I also love the sentiment!!!!

    ReplyDelete