Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Everyday Enchantment -- Mojo337

I decided to try making a card using the sketch from Mojo Monday posted on March 17, 2014.  I studied the sketch for a while and remembered some pieces of DSP that were laying on my work table from another project that I had worked on. There were two pieces that were almost the exact size that I needed. I had just gotten a new package of SU Calypso Coral card stock last week and that was going to make the perfect card base. I decided to use green as the accent color--found some SU Lucky Limeade card stock. WOW! I was pleased at how quickly things were coming together. Now I just needed to come up with a focal image. There was a little piece of Very Vanilla card stock that was the perfect size. I used the birthday sentiment from the SU stamp set "Simply Sketched" stamped in SU Calypso Coral ink. I wanted to add a flower, but it needed to be a rather large one. I thought of the die from Cheery Lynn Designs called "Shasta Daisy". That would work perfectly. I cut it out using SU Crisp Cantaloupe card stock, sponged the edges with Calypso Coral ink, did a little shaping, glued it all together, added a yellow center with a yellow brad. Finished! I enjoyed my time working on the card. I look forward to sharing it with a friend one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment