Sunday, August 8, 2021

One Year

 It has been almost one year since my last post. I never thought it would be this long before I would get back to my blog and friends. About this time last year my husband and I started talking about putting our house up for sale and moving to a condo where we would have no basement stairs, no steps and no yard work. As much as I loved my flowers and garden, I could no longer keep up with everything.

This is the way things progressed—

September was spent preparing the house. Packing up things as much as we could to make the house look uncluttered. Most of my things were in the basement. That included all my card making “stuff” and all my sewing and quilting “stuff”. I had a lot of storage spaces in the basement and I had a lot of stuff in them. We had finished the basement in a way that I enjoyed my time in my space.

The house went on the market the first Friday afternoon in October. In about 24 hours we had an offer which we accepted. Now the packing really started. Thanksgiving week, we moved our things to an apartment and to a large storage unit. From the time we decided to move up until the time we had to, the market went dead. No places where we wanted to go came on the market until about two days after we moved into the apartment.

We saw the condo and it was everything that we wanted. We closed on January 15, 2021. We moved into it on March 26 and finished our lease on the apartment on May 20. It has been a long road. We are so thankful to our Lord for the place he has provided for us. My space is limited so I am still trying to decide on what to keep and what needs to go.

The entrance to our building 





No comments:

Post a Comment