Thursday, September 5, 2019

Circle of Friendship

I love the "Friendship Star" quilt block. One day as I was looking at different quilt blocks, I came across a picture of the friendship star blocks. The unique pattern placed the stars in a circle. I immediately fell in love with the pattern. As I looked further, I came across a picture of a graph for the pattern. I decided what size I wanted each square to be and then I got out my own graph paper. I had collected a number of fat quarters that featured the same design -- just different colors. So that was what I decided to use. The background fabric was a charcoal black Kona fabric. I had always wanted to make somethings with a black background. So I set to work.

The results----






Each of  the individual finished squares measures 3-inches. The quilt finished to a 31-inch square. I did the quilting on my Pfaff  Quilt Expression 4.2. I have had my machine since the first of May. Love it's features. I did my quilting by stitching down each seam using one of my decorative stitches. When I finished, it looked like the quilting was too far apart so I stitched in the middle of each row.

Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment