Monday, January 28, 2019

A Special Birthday

Today there is a very special birthday. It is my cousin Faye's birthday. She lives in Shelbyville, Tennessee. Faye was like the sister I never had. We spent lots of time together growing up. I wanted to let her know how much she means to me. So---

The first item I made was this little zippered pouch/wristlet. Faye loves flowers so I thought this fabric would be just right. I added a detachable wrist strap and a beaded zipper pull. The pouch measured about 6 x 8 1/2 inches.





After finishing the pouch, I needed a birthday card. For that I used a white card base with some accent pieces in Stampin' Up's "Marina Mist" color. The butterfly is from the new "Butterfly Gala" stamp set. The top butterfly was stamped on Vellum paper and heat embossed with white detailed embossing powder. For the butterfly underneath, I used Marina Mist card stock and stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Lastly, I used the coordinating punch to punch out the butterflies. The sentiment comes from the new stamp set called "All That You Are". The stamp for the leaves is from that same set, stamped with VersaMark ink onto the card stock creating a watermark effect.





HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Faye. I hope that your day is very special.


1 comment:

  1. Dianne - you are so talented. These purses are adorable. Your cousin is so lucky! Think of you both often, just not back in the swing of things yet.

    ReplyDelete