Friday, November 9, 2018

Parkinson's Support Group Christmas Auction

November at our Parkinson's Support Group meeting, we have our Christmas celebration. It starts with a "Potluck" dinner. After that we have an auction of all the things members have brought in. Each year I have made the things that I donated. It started with a set of placemats. Then for several years I made a lap quilt. This year I made this tote bag using fabric from the Moda collection called "Forever Green". Beautiful fabric! I still have a lot left from projects that I made last year.



On the inside I added pockets and a loop for attaching a key ring. The clip part looked a little lost so a took a few of the smallest scraps and made a little nine-patch quilt block to add to the key ring. The finished size is approxmiately 2 1/4" x 2 1/4". It was a fun little project that took just minutes.


In addition to the tote, I made a table runner. I love doing things with color and love doing things that create an illusion. When I saw a table runner on Pinterest that fit both, I immediately fell in love with it and had to see what I could do with the design. The result is below. I love the way the red fabric creates the illusion of a printed ribbon being attached to the green (maybe a green wall). The design is made with half square triangles and a few squares. The finished size of the squares were 3 1/2". T he over all measurement is 19" x 40".



10 comments:

  1. Hi Dianne
    Beautiful tote, key fob and table runner, nicely done! Do you have the patterns to share?
    Thanks
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dianne, I just love the bag and runner!!! Where can I find the patterns? Do you share? Thank you!

      Delete
    2. The pattern I used for the tote bag can be found on the Moda Bake Shop web site. Here is the web site link -- http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/09/hushabye-tote-bag-and-coin-quilt.html
      The table runner was from a picture runner that I saw on Pinterest. It is made of squares and half square triangles. I then added a small border and a larger one. If you need more information Please let me know.

      Delete
  2. My dad passed away in 2016 from Parkinson's and I'd like to buy one of your totes how would I do that????

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do beautiful work, and for such a good cause. May the Lord bless you and your husband in your time of need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I love your bag, how can I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tote bag and table runner are beautiful, I love the colours. Your little keyring square is a neat little accessory. It must be very satisfying to create such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is really wonderful.I am ,myself Parkinson patient. Only I can understand how it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. H i Diane i tried the web site you posted for the bag but it says that the site is not available anymore. Very nice bag i love it. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May God Bless you all and have the best Christmas of all.

    Peace, Virginia

    ReplyDelete