Wednesday, February 1, 2017

One Sheet Wonder Technique

I have looked at different pictures of cards that were made using only one sheet of designer paper. Some instructions call for a 12 x 12--inch sheet of paper. Some call for a 8 x 8--inch square of paper, some 8 1/2 x 11--inch piece. I chose to make four cards using a 6 x 6--inch piece of designer paper.

I chose to use a sheet from the Stampin' Up's "Love Blossoms" designer series paper stack. The card bases and mats were made using SU Early Espresso card stock. I also used a couple of small pieces of SU Crumb Cake card stock for a second layer on the first two cards.

From Pinterest, I found the cutting guide and sketches on the following blog -- Crafts By Happy Stamper. I also found the sketches on this address -- Poetic Artistry. I believe that this last one may be one of the original posts. The date was September 5, 2008.



Here is a picture of each card.


The sentiment for this card is from Our Daily Bread Designs. It is stamped in Memento's Rich Cocoa ink.


This sentiment is a stamp from Stampin' Up's set called "Awesomely Artistic". I used my Misti to get the words in perfect alignment. "Friend" is stamped in three colors--SU Blushing Bride, Rose Red and Memento Rich Cocoa.


This "Thinking of You" sentiment is from SU's Sassy Salutations" stamped with Rose Red ink.



1 comment: