Thursday, February 23, 2017

Flowers Are My Favorite

I love making dimensional flowers to go on my cards. I got some new paper last week and I had to try it on this card. You can see how the paper has a batik look. It makes beautiful flowers and it also made a beautiful background. For the flowers, I used a couple of different size punches, did a little shaping, added a little ink to the center and used prills in the centers. Prills can be purchased from USArt Quest in Chelsea, Michigan. You can also order on-line from their website -- USArt Quest. There are over 2 dozen different colors to chose from. After everything was assembled and the glue had dried, I added a few accents of stickles to the petals of the flowers for some sparkle.

For the leaves, I used the stamp set and coordinating framelits called "Botanical Blooms". The sentiment is from the Stampin' Up stamp set "Birthday Blooms".




No comments:

Post a Comment