Wednesday, February 22, 2017

February Love Notes

Valentines Day sort of came and then was gone. Don had a neurology appointment that morning in Ann Arbor. In the evening we had our Parkinson's Support Group meeting. There was not much time for us to celebrate the day. On the Sunday evening before, we hosted a Valentine Dinner party. We had fun sharing the evening with friends. I also made a couple of small valentine cards for Don and hid them in some unusual places. He enjoyed finding them.

For the first card I found the "I love you" paper in the scrap box. I had used it before for a Valentine card but I still thought it was a good choice for this card. Added a couple of die cuts and I was done. The card was very simple but it said just what I wanted it to say. For 55 years I have loved this man. In June I will have shared 50 years of my life with him as his wife.


The second card had more stamping on it but still very simple. I used stamps from four different stamp sets. Added some sponging to soften the white card stock. Used two layers of card stock for accent and this card was finished.



day after day  year after year
"You are my sunshine"


2 comments:

  1. Oh, how precious. You are such a great couple. It is our honor to know you both.
    I believe every day should be Valentine's Day when you are in love. And 50 years of loving that special person...That is God's gift.

    ReplyDelete