Friday, May 9, 2014

SC487 -- Butterfly Birthday

It has taken me two days to get my card done for Wednesday's sketch challenge at SCS. I kept looking at it and thinking -- How am I going to use this sketch? What stamps can I use? What paper can I use? Well, this morning everything fell into place. I needed a birthday card. I had gotten some new paper from my local scrapbook store on Wednesday which I desperately wanted to use. SO-----

Here is the sketch

Here is my card

I used SU "So Saffron" card stock for the base of my card. The designer paper was from a 6 x 6-inch pad by We R Memory Keepers called "simply spring". I fell in love with this pad of paper the minute I saw it. It matches so many of the basic SU card stock colors. "Certainly Celery" card stock was used to mat the circle under the "Calypso Coral" butterfly. "Calypso Coral" ink was used to stamp the sentiment which was from SU "Itty Bitty Banners" and cut out using the matching SU Bitty Banner framelit.

This is the inside of the card

No comments:

Post a Comment