Thursday, March 6, 2014

Challenges For The Week

Monday -- March 3, 2014
The CAS challenge for the week was to make a clean and simple card using neutral colors. OK! That's not a big problem. Wrong!!! I stamped the image on my card "five" times before I got it right. I kept getting ink marks from the edge of the stamp on my paper or I would get ink on my fingers and then on the paper. I finally did get it right and this is my card--


I used the Stampin' Up set "Wetlands" and a stamp (the rocks) from Stamps by Judith. I stamped the rocks first, created a mask and covered them up. Second, I stamped the goose, did a mask and covered him up. Third, I stamped the plants on the left hand side. All pieces were sponged with SU Soft Suede ink. I scored around the edges of the natural colored card stock before assembling the card.

Wednesday March 5, 2014
This was sketch challenge day. I got the sketch printed early in the morning, but it was well into the evening before I got my card finished and ready to post at Splitcoast Stampers.



Over the week end I started a project using two sheets of designer paper and coordinating colored card stock to make a variety of cards. It was a fun project, and since I still had paper left, I used that to make my card.

No comments:

Post a Comment