Sunday, March 1, 2020

Another Project Finished

Several months ago, I went to my sewing room with the idea that I was going to discard (throw away) "my scraps." I picked up the box where I had placed scraps leftover from a number of projects. About the time I was ready to toss it all in the garbage can, I could not do it. I saw squares that could be cut from those pieces and used for something. I decided to cut the scraps into 5-inch squares, then 2 1/2-inch squares. Anything smaller than that I would throw away. As I cut squares, it seemed that my scraps continued to grow. I ended up with lots and lots of squares.

Now I have been working to turn those squares into children's size charity quilts. I finished the second quilt for this year on Saturday.

This quilt was made basically with 2 1/2-inch squares. I made the large square using sixteen 2 1/2-inch squares. For the second square, I made a 4 patch surrounded with a background fabric cut into 2 1/2-inch strips. I used a piece of flannel for the back of the quilt and did my own quilting on my sewing machine. I truly hope that this quilt will make some child warm and happy.

The blocks finished to 8-inch squares. The finished size was 40 x 56-inches.







No comments:

Post a Comment