Monday, August 14, 2017

A Clean and Simple Challenge

CAS442

I read the CAS challenge at Splitcoast Stampers this morning -- "Create a monochromatic colored card with a twist". The explanation for the twist read, "The twist is you can color one portion of your image, that is, if you use flowers, one flower only, not the leaves or other flowers." For this challenge white, black, grey and kraft are considered neutrals.

I was working on another card late morning when I got an idea. I was using a new die cut for my card. In the process, I had cut three images of the same die and I had all these extra pieces. I began playing around and this is the card that I came up with.



The die is from "Gina Marie Designs". I came across her dies at the Mega Meet that takes place in Novi, Michigan usually the second week end in May. She has some really cool dies. This one I purchased in May and had not used it. I had cut it three times: once in Marina Mist, Crushed Curry and white. I had already used the one in Marina Mist. This one in Crushed Curry was there waiting to be used. The little panda bear stamp is from the Unity Stamp Co. I stamped it onto the white circles using Crushed Curry ink. For the twist, I stamped a complete image using VeraFine Black Onyx ink and cut him out. I think this little panda is the cutest. I hope that the card will bring a smile to someone special.


August 20, 2017
This card was mentioned in the Favorites of the week ending August 19, 2017 at Splitcoast Stampers.


No comments:

Post a Comment