Thursday, June 25, 2015

SC546 & PP250 -- Birthday Cake and Ice Cream

This card is for my youngest granddaughter's birthday which is July 4th. It will also be posted to two challenges this week -- the sketch challenge at SCS and the weekly challenge on The Paper Players blog.




I have had this designer paper which is from Stampin' Up for some time. When I saw the challenge at The Paper Players, I immediately thought of it but couldn't come up with a way to use it. Wednesday when I saw the sketch challenge I began to think of ways to use the paper in the sketch.  But I didn't get to work on my card until this morning. Here is the end result.The card base is SU Pool Party accented with Crisp Cantaloupe and Soft Suede.


 After deciding on how I was going to use the paper, I came up with this idea of making my own "happy" paper to go with the other printed paper. Using the computer and Publisher, here is a picture of my "happy" paper. I was able to print it on SU Crisp Cantaloupe card stock which worked perfectly with the color theme.




Here is the inside of the card. . . . 




2 comments:

  1. Cake and ice-cream - the perfect combination Dianne and I'm sure your grand-daughter will love it! A great mini tutrial on how to make your owwn sentiment DSP too. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dianne, this is so fun! Your granddaughter will love it! The DSP is just perfect and so is the sketch! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players for my challenge this week! XX

    ReplyDelete