Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Simple Watercolor

This is a very simply card I made using distress markers as my coloring medium. This image is from a long time favorite Stampin' Up set call "Lovely As A Tree". The trees were stamped on watercolor paper and heat embossed. I used a distress marker to mark a line just about the horizon. With my aqua brush, I pulled the color up. I added a little more ink and water until I had the amount that I thought looked good. Then using a gray colored marker, I outlined the marks at the base of each tree and softened with the aqua brush.

 Image finished!

Cut to size.

Mat.

Add a colored, embossed and matted background layer. Assemble and add to a white card base.

You are finished.

"Clean and Simple" -- my favorite style.




1 comment:

  1. I just found your card on Pinterest and loved it. I too are from Michigan and are just starting to learn watercolor and ink, so I can make cards. Keep up the good work and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete