Wednesday, February 7, 2018

2018 Sale-A-Bration Heartfelt Blooms

I needed a couple of cards this week so here is what I came up with. At first this stamp set did not jump out at me. I thought it was one that I could do without. After seeing a lot of cards made with the stamp set on Pinterest, I began to have different feeling about it. On the last Stampin' Up order that I sent in, I had the opportunity to get this set. The more I have seen cards made with it, the more I really love it.

Yesterday I needed a get well card. I also needed it a little larger than a regular A2 card. So here is what I did. Of course the focal image is from the set "Heartfelt Blooms" stamped with "Wisteria Wonder" ink on white card stock. It is layered on a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock. The card base is white. Found a piece of Designer Series Paper in Wisteria Wonder. When I was checking the pieces and layout, I found that the white card base was to stark; it was too white. I started looking through my stamp sets and decided on using a stamp from the set called "Touches of Texture". I stamped it around the exposed edges. What a difference that made.



The next picture shows the back of the card. When I was all done, I turned the card over. In the upper left corner, there was a big, dark ink smear. I didn't have time to start over. What could I do? I thought about ways that I might cover it up or I could just leave it. I didn't like the last idea. What I ended up doing was punching a 1 1/4" square from the Designer Series Paper, cutting it on the diagonal and covering up the smear with one of the triangles. It sort of matched the front of the card. Good or bad, that is what I did.


The second card I needed was a sympathy card. I find these cards difficult to make. I used the same stamp set "Heartfelt Blooms". This time I stamped it with a Stampin' Up retired color called "Brocade Blue". I had seen a card on Pinterest where part of the image had been cut it such a way that it hung over the edge. I wanted to give it a try. I also stamped the image twice so that I could cut out the main flower and attach it over the main image to add interest and dimension to the piece. The sentiment I used is from a Our Daily Bread Designs set called "Loving Memories". Here is a link to the original card I saw.


Thanks for stopping by today.


1 comment: