Monday, September 25, 2017

More

Cards from the Stamp Club meeting on Saturday September 23--

The gals had fun creating their own unique quilt block. This first picture is the card sample that I had made for the class. I purchased the glitter paper at my local JoAnn's store. It worked beautifully. We die cut several different colors and then re-assembled the block using colors of our choice. So much fun!


As I was cleaning up after class, there were lots of little pieces left from the other blocks that had been made. I started putting a block together and this is the resulting card. I love the contrasts between the blue glitter paper and the natural card stock. I know; it looks white in the picture but it is very similar to Stampin' Up's Very Vanilla card stock. This card also uses the new Quilt Top Textured Impressions embossing folder.


The next two cards are very simple.The first card is made using core'dinations card stock . The piece I used was black on one side and a blue on the back side. After embossing the paper using the new Winter Wonder embossing folder from Stampin' Up, I sanded the embossed image lightly. I just wanted to take off enough of the black so that the blue would show through. This is a very simple technique that acheives very pretty results.


The next picture shows the card that most of the gals made. Only half of the image is embossed which leaves room to add embellishments and a sentiment. The smallest snow flake was cut from the Stampin' Up's thinlet die set called "Swirly Snowflakes".


This last 4 1/4 inch square card is the 9-patch quilt block. It is  made using 1 1/4 inch squares from two different sheets of card stock. After glueing the squares together on a piece of white card stock and getting the piece trimmed, it was embossed using the "Quilt Top" embossing folder. Love that pretty quilted texture. Note: I made this card last year for a group of friends that I quilt with. They loved it.


2 comments:

  1. On the white snowflake card...I love the merry Christmas stamp you used...do you know what set it's from or the name of it? Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a stamp from Our Daily Bread Designs stamp company. All of my Stamp information is packed away because we are in the process of moving, but I am pretty sure it was one of their stamps.

      Delete