Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Christmas Card Using SC657

I saw a video on how to glue vellum onto your project. I wanted to give it a try. I was also experimenting with embossing vellum using an embossing folder. This card let me do both.

To emboss the vellum, I first placed my card stock in the folder. I then laid my piece of vellum on top, closed the folder and ran it through my machine. The cracking of the vellum was kept to a minimum.

I then decided to use the layout from a sketch I had done just days before. I chose to use Stampin' Up's Cherry Cobbler card stock as my accent. Such a beautiful color. I trimmed the embossed vellum to the size I wanted, cut the Cherry Cobbler layer to the correct size, added glue to the vellum and laid it onto the card stock. Glue, tape or any kind of adhesive has a tendency to show when used on vellum. I followed the technique I saw on Connie Stewart's blog called "Simply Simple Stamping". Here is the link to her video -- Adhering Vellum Perfectly. It worked "perfectly". Finished up the other layers, assembled all and my card was finished.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for beautiful card and your testimony. May the Lord bless your family.

    ReplyDelete