Friday, August 11, 2017

A Sketch Challenge

I think that this is the first time I have done the sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers in over a year. I printed off a copy of the challenge on Wednesday, SC657, and found that I already had several things that worked perfectly with this challenge.

Here is my card


The little floral piece was an extra one I had done several weeks ago when I was working on another card. The flower was also on my desk; I had made it for a class that I had earlier in the week. All the other elements came together quickly.

The details--
I used SU Blushing Bride card stock for my base and topped it with a piece of designer series paper. The floral strip was a little piece of scrap designer series paper that I layered with Island Indigo card stock, cut a piece of Baja Breeze card stock with a scalloped edged die and added it to the back. The flower is from a retired Stampin' Up set called Stippled Blossoms. The leaves were punched from a piece of Certainly Celery (retired) card stock. They were really plain so I added some veins with a stamp and sponged the edges with Old Olive ink. The verse is from a Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps set called "New Creature". When I finally got it all together, I was pleased with what I had done. I would never have come up with this layout by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment