Thursday, July 13, 2017

By The Sea Shore

When I first saw the "Seasonal Layers" thinlets die set in the new Stampin' Up catalog, I fell in love with it. I began seeing cards with the chair on them. Then one day as I was leaving one of the ladies rooms at church I saw this picture--


At that point I knew that this was a set that would enjoy having and using. The set arrived on Wednesday and this afternoon I made a card with it. I used the picture I had seen as my inspiration.



I created the background first with sponges and ink. Then I added the foliage on the left side. That stamp is from the "Wetlands" set and markers were used to color it before stamping. The chair is from the Stampin' Up "Seasonal Layers" thinlet die set. The sentiment is from one of Our Daily Bread Designs "Mini Tags" set. For the card base I used "Night of Navy" card stock and layered the focal image onto a piece of Brocade Blue card stock before gluing it to the card base.


July 16, 2017 -- This card was mentioned in "Favorites for the week ending July 16, 2017".

No comments:

Post a Comment