Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Stephen Graduates

On June 15, our grandson, Stephen, graduated from Jones College Prep High School in Chicago, Illinois. He finished high school well. This summer he is a life guard at one of the beaches along Lake Michigan there in Chicago. His plans are to go to Marion Military Institute in Marion, Alabama. He reports on August 8. We are proud of what Stephen has accomplished and will be praying for him as he begins this new season of his life. This picture was taken in August of 2016. I haven't been too good at taking pictures the last few times we have been together.


This is the graduation card that I made for him. It is a full sheet of Brocade Blue SU card stock folded in half making the card 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". I think most stamps are made for the smaller A2 size card so it becomes a challenge to make a focal image that looks appropriate on the larger card. 

My inspiration -- Stephen's school colors were blue and white, and the school mascot was "The Eagles". Earlier this week as I was thinking about making his card, the verse of Isaiah 40:31 came to mind. As I looked at some cards on the blog  of "Word Art Wesdnesday", I started to come up with some ideas. I made the inside left panel first, then the front. After the card was together, I had to work at finishing the inside right panel. Finally! it is finished and ready to be mailed.





. . .those who hope in the
LORD will renew their
strength. They will soar
on wings like eagles;
they will run and not
grow weary, they will
walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)





July 3, 2017 
I feel honored that this card was chosen as one of the "Favorites for the week ending July 2" at SplitcoasterStampers.

No comments:

Post a Comment