Sunday, June 25, 2017

Sponging and Masking

These are two of my favorite techniques. That was the topic for our June Create, Challenge, Encourage Stamp class. We made three cards using three different types of sponging and some masking.

This card was made using on oval mask to sponge the colors onto plain white card stock. I used blue and green ink and a large sponge dauber. After the sponging is complete you can add the stamped image and sentiment .


The steps for this second card were a little more involved. I first stamped my images onto plain white card stock and cut into the oval shape using a Spellbinders Nestabilities die. Without removing the paper from the die, I turned it upside down and embossed using my silicone rubber mat. Still leaving the oval in the die, I turned it right side up and lightly sponged over the die onto the card stock. The result is a small white edge to the image which creates the appearance of an additional layer.


I posted this third card a few days ago on the blog. With just a few stokes of ink over some masked lines, I created the illusion of a landscape. Very simple way to add depth to your stamping.




No comments:

Post a Comment