Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Better Late Than Never

I seem to always be running behind these days. It is a challenge to just keep up with "today's" activities. April 30 was my son's birthday. I just got his birthday card in the mail. Daniel grew up by the sea. He loved the water. One of our favorite times was watching the sail boats go by our house. This was not really a birthday card, but I wanted him to know how thankful I am that he is my "son".


I used the stamp set "Swirly Bird" to create the sailboat and a die from the coordinating thinlets to create the waves. Using a large post-it note to mask off the sky, I sponged on Brocade Blue ink and then added Night of Navy ink to the horizon. I then turned the post-it note around to mask/cover the sea and a punched circle to create the sun. A scalloped circle was used to add the illusion of clouds. The sentiment stamp came from the "Sheltering Tree" set.


Mentioned in the "Weekly Favorites for the week ending May 21"

1 comment: