Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Let Us Use Markers

I have been asked what is the difference between different brands of markers. I am not sure that I know how to answer that question. There are Stampin Up markers, Tombow markers, distress markers, Marvy markers and Memento markers -- just to name a few brands. All of these are water based markers.

I love coloring directly on my stamps with the Stampin' Up markers. I love the watercolor look I can get with my Tombow and Distress markers by Tim Holtz. The ink can be reactived by water when coloring directly to the watercolor paper. I love the way that these markers can be blended.

For the images below, I stamped each one with VersaFine Black Onyx ink and then heat embossed each with fine detail clear embossing powder on Canson 140# watercolor paper. Below each picture you will see a list of the colors that I used.


Stampin' Up "Blessed Easter" Stamp
Flowers (Left)--Festive Berries Distress Marker
Leaves--Mowed Lawn and Forest Moss Distress Markers
Background--Tombow #491 Glacier Blue

Flowers (Right)--Squeezed Lemonade and Ripe Persimmon Distress Markers
Leaves--Mowed Lawn and Pine Needles Distress Markers
Outline--Tumbled Glass Distress Marker


Rose stamp from Inkadinkado
Distress Markers used:  Flowers--Squeezed Lemonade and Ripe Persimmon
Leaves--Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn
Background--Tumbled Glass


Stamp from Northwoods Rubber Stamp Co.
Bird--Broken China and Ripe Persimmon Distress Markers
Leaves--Mowed Lawn Distress Marker
Branches--Distress Markers
Outline--Black Soot Distress Marker
Background--Tombow # 491 Glacier Blue


Stamp from Heartfelt Creations
Candle--Tombow #491 Glacier Blue
Flame--Tombow #905 Red and #985 Chrome Yellow
Flowers--Festive Berries Distress Marker
Leaves--Mowed Lawn Distree Marker
Outline--Tombow Cool Gray #N95



No comments:

Post a Comment