Monday, April 13, 2015

CAS320 -- Stencil It

"Stencil It" is the theme for today's CAS challenge at SCS. A couple of weeks ago I prepared a class on "Stencils -- Ways To Use Them". I made several images and cards demonstrating the use of stencils. None of the cards have been posted so I am going to use two of them for this week's challenge.

This sunburst stencil is from Tim Holtz. I have used it several times and love it. For both of my cards, I was trying to create a early morning feel. I used SU so saffron and crushed curry inks on this sunburst but I can't remember to name of the blue I used. The stamp for the sentiment is one from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps set "Be Encouraged".



This was an Easter card I was working on. The stamps were from the old Cornish Heritage Farms company which went out of business several years ago. The company re-opened under new owners but I don't think they ever brought back this stamp set. The tomb stamp was a line image. Since I wanted a solid image, I colored the image in with the darkest gray Copic marker I have. You can still see a little of the stamp details but I thought it added interest to the image.


This last card was listed in the "Favorites of the Week" ending April 19 at SCS.

No comments:

Post a Comment