Monday, January 5, 2015

More Thank You Cards

Still trying to finish up my thank you cards. I completed one this morning for the Clean and Simple challenge at SCS. The challenge was to use just one color with white -- use a monochromatic color  theme. I used my new Sizzix and Spellbinder dies and a Stampin' Up embossing folder.


We were at the cottage of some of our friends on New Year's Day. There was a spot of water on the lake that was not frozen. The ice around that spot was covered up with geese; right in the middle was a swan. The geese would sit on the ice, go for a swim, then climb back on the ice. That scene was the inspiration for my card. I used stamps from four different sets -- SU Work of Art, Wetlands, Sassy Salutations and the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamp set Peaceful Swans.


This card was a CASE of a card that I had seen on Pinterest and wanted to make. You can see the original card HERE. I used SU Pool Party ink instead of green and mine is a thank you card instead of a birthday card. The tree is from Stampin' Up's set Lovely As A Tree. I also used stamps from the Stampin' Up set A Greeting For All Reasons and Work of Art.



1 comment:

  1. These are lovely and making me think about getting some of these stamps!

    ReplyDelete