Wednesday, July 16, 2014

SC498 -- Praying For You

I thought today's sketch was going to be really easy to follow. Boy, was I wrong. This one did not turn out at all like I had wanted. I guess sometimes that is good because it gives you a chance to sit back and evaluate your work. I guess the card is not really bad; it's just not one of my favorites that I have done.

The sketch was --

Pretty simple. Right??? Yes, it looks very simple! Here is the card that I made.


I think the third layer is too heavy for the rest of the card. I used five inks to do the sponging -- Memento Sky Blue, Cantaloupe, Angel Pink, Bahama Blue and SU Night of Navy to sponge over a stencil. I used SU Midnight Muse to stamp the images. The flowers came from SU's "Best of Flowers" and the sentiment was from The Stamps of Life set "Tiny Titles 2 Stamp". I used SU's Night of Navy card stock for the card base and some light yellow that I found in my paper collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment