Saturday, July 26, 2014

Inks, Stencil and Dies

I had been doing some research on different ways to use stencils. I came across a blog with wonderful videos regarding stencils and different ways to use Distress Inks. I have a few of the ink pads but have not used them all that much. Here is the link to the blog titled Jennifer McGuire Ink.

 This is a photo of the full piece of paper that I colored. I used three different colors of the Distress Ink -- worn lipstick, tumbled glass and spiced marmalade. I laid a stencil over the paper and sponged over the stencil with water. Before I finished sponging, I sprayed some water on my craft mat, added a pinch of Perfect Pearls powder and sponged that over the stencil.

I took my "Bashful" die and cut the image out in the center of the paper. I cut the same die out of black card stock. I inlaid the cut dies in the opposite pieces of paper.


It this point I began to assemble both cards. For this one I used SU strawberry slush card stock for the base. The next two pictures show the card from different angles.




This card features the die cut from the sponged piece of paper on black card stock accented with a white oval.

This is my cards using inks, a stencil and die cuts.





















1 comment: