Thursday, September 7, 2017

Christmas Bells

SC661

I printed a copy of this week's Splitcoast Stampers sketch Wednesday morning. I didn't get to work on a card until late this morning. I knew I wanted to make a Christmas card. I pulled out a sheet of designer paper that I thought might work well with my new stamp set "Seasonal Bells". After trying many color combinations, this is what I created.

First -- the sketch


Now for my card. The designer paper is from Graphic 45's St. Nicholas Collection. The card base is real red card stock. The yellow was a scrap piece so I do not know what color it is. It just worked. I used Memento Rick Cocoa ink to do my stamping. The sentiment is from a new Stampin' Up set called "Snowflake Sentiments".  For the bells, I used the stamp set "Seasonal Bells" with the coordinating punch. The red bow was made using a new Memory Box die that I purchased yesterday. When I saw it, I knew that it was one I had to have.

I started to use an embossing folder on the yellow piece, but I ended up adding score lines 1/4-inch along all four sides. A simple process but it does add a little interest.


Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Weekly  Favorite for week ending Sept. 9, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment