Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Foggy Morning

The past week, here in Michigan, we have seen several days with really heavy, dense fog. I was inspired to try to create a foggy scene on a birthday card. I spent most of the morning working on the card. I first started out by stamping the image on white card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I tried sponging over the image with Stampin' Up's Whisper White craft ink. It was working but not like I wanted it to. Next I tried stamping the image on light gray card stock using VisaFine Onyx Black ink. Now it looked like I was on the right track. Finally, I began sponging over the stamped image. I tried to add more sponging in the center of the image to create more depth to the scene. I used Memento Gray Flannel ink to stamp the deer and then did more sponging. Finally I was getting the look that I wanted. I love the finished result.

The stamps used were: "Woodland Wonder" from Penny Black, "Forest Silhouettes" from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and the "Happy Birthday" from Stampin' Up's set called "Bloom With Hope". The card base is SU's So Saffron card stock with a small piece of designer paper that I found in the scrap box.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Beautiful Day

Birthday's are special days to remember those who are dear to us. I have some special people in my life who have birthday's during the month of January. I thought about using winter scenes but decided to CASE a card that I saw on Pinterest a few days ago and use my new stamp set from Altenew again. It is called "Beautiful Day".

The layout of this card is pretty much like the one I saw on Pinterest. The flower is different and I used a different butterfly. Here is a link to the original card --Scrappin' and Stampin' in GJ. I didn't realize how many different stamp sets I had used until I was starting to write everything down. Below the pictures, I have listed all the stamp sets used.

Stamp sets used--
Altenew  -- "Beautiful Day"
Stampin' Up -- Simply Sketched, Kinda Eclectic, Papillon Potpourri, Just Believe
Sweet and Sassy Stamps -- "Sunshine and Flowers"

Note on the butterfly --  I stamped the image onto So Saffron card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I added some additional color using my copic markers to the center of the butterfly.  After punching the butterfly out, I covered the image with a glue pen and dipped the image into my glitter.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A New Stamp Set

Earlier this month I received a new stamp set "Beautiful Day" from Altenew. I started playing with this set a few days ago. I finally got my birthday card finished using this set along with numerous other sets from my collection.

After practicing on several flowers this is the final card.

Because the flowers are so large, I made my card 5 1/2 x 5 1/2-inches. I found a 12 x 12-inch sheet of paper that was the perfect color to go with my Pool Party card. I used the masking technique on the two pink flowers when adding the leaves. The center flower was stamped on a separate piece of card stock and cut out.

This flower has several parts and each was stamped using a different color ink. The outlines were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black. The pink flowers were stamped using SU Blushing Bride and Primrose Petals ink.The center flower was stamped using SU Soft Sky and Pool Party inks. The leaves were stamped with Memento New Sprout and Bamboo Leaves colors.

The verse was from Our Daily Bread Designs set called "Happy Birthday". This was the first set I purchased from ODBD.  The inside verse was from Unity Stamps set "Butterflies and Sunbeams".

I love creating flowers so I expect that this will be one of my favorite sets. I hope to acquire some more sets in the near future.

Have a wonderful day.

Added to "Favorites for the week ending January 22, 2017"

Monday, January 2, 2017

Wall Hanging Update

We moved into our home in July of 1988. In the basement there was a huge "ugly" spot on the wall at the bottom of the stairs. The previous owners had evidently glued something to the wall and then pulled it off before leaving. The spot was just too big for any pictures that I could found.

One night while I was sitting at the far end of the room, the thought of making a quilted wall hanging that would be big enough to cover the spot came to my mind. It wasn't long until I started my project. I had sewed since I was in high school, but I had never made a quilt. I found the fabric and chose the log cabin pattern to make my wall hanging. I did get it finished and it has hung in the same spot for over 20 years. The ugly spot was fixed but the quilt was hung back in its spot.

Last year I decided that it was time for a new wall hanging. After making numerous patchwork projects, I was ready to attack the project. I found some fabric that I fell in love with and I chose to use the rail fence pattern. I love the affects that can be created using fabric, patterns and colors.