Monday, December 12, 2016

Christmas Celebration

Christmas is a time to celebrate our faith, our family and our friends. I am part of a group of ladies who love to get together, create cards and to encourage one another. Each December, we get together for our Christmas celebration at the Olive Garden restaurant here in Jackson. After enjoying a delicious dinner, we exchange gift tags and a Christmas card with each other. We bring a Christmas tag for each one and then one Christmas card to be exchanged.


Here are pictures of the Christmas card and gift tags that I made for the event. I love to use the "nine-patch" quilt block for many of my quilting projects. That inspired my Christmas card. Even though I used non traditional colors ( Pool Party and Early Espresso) for my card, I love the result. The pool party color is so cool and icy. I used my 1 1/4--inch punch to create my squares.


The inside greeting was created on my laptop.


For the gift tags, I cut navy blue card stock into circles. Then using a die from Memory Box and the same circle die, I made the accent piece that I glued on top of the first circle. I found the marbled color card stock in my collection which was perfect for that snowy look.
 



1 comment: