Sunday, December 11, 2016

Celebrating A Coming Baby

Welcoming a new baby is always an exciting time. I was invited to a baby shower on Thanksgiving Day while the extended family was together. We were celebrating the coming of a little girl in January, 2017. I had just purchased a charm pack (5-inch squares) while in Shipshewana, Indiana that I thought would be perfect for a baby quilt. I was not disappointed. The fabric was so bright and cheerful. It is from Moda called "Brighten Up". I followed a video I saw on the Missouri Star Quilt Company's web site. They called the pattern "The Window Panel Disappearing Nine Patch".

Here is my finished quilt--


I added a label to the back:



And this is my card.  I used the stamp set from Stampin' Up called "Love You Lots". It is a hostess set from the 2016-2017 catalog. I used copic markers to color the image and the "welcome baby" is from the set "Petite Pairs". The size is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 -- inches. I seem to making this size a lot lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment