Thursday, March 17, 2016

Pop Out Swing Card

I saw a really pretty card a few weeks ago that I fell in love with. I finally found instructions and set about to make the card. I was challenged and had fun learning how to put this card together. I found the instructions on the blog Creatin' with Kristeen. I did a close CASE of her card. I was having difficulty coming up with my own idea for this first card.

I used the Stampin' Up set called "Blessed Easter". I love these tulips; they are so easy to color. The card stock is Stampin' Up's Strawberry Slush. The image is stamped on Canson 140# watercolor paper with VersaFine Black Onyx ink and heat embossed with fine detail clear embossing powder.




For my second card I used Stampin' Up Pistachio Pudding card stock. I found the flowers and leaves in my stash of design elements. The finished size of the card is 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 so I had to make my own envelope. I used some scrapbook paper that I have had for a while. Using my envelope punch board, I cut my square at 8 1/2 x 8 1/2-inch and scored at 4/1/4-inch.








4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful technique. You always have such tastefully finished ideas which inspire so many who view your site. I just may decide to attempt this. Thanks,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the colours you have chosen! Awesome CASE! Thank you so much for linking back to my blog/tutorial. You have no idea how impressed and thankful I am for that gesture. Kirsteen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card going to try it out this week Ginax

    ReplyDelete