Wednesday, September 9, 2015

SC557

I guess today, I would have to say -- "Third time is the charm." That's how many times I made the focal image/layer for today's sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.


My First Card! 
I stamped the greeting on watercolor paper and embossed it using silver embossing powder. I then tried using a watercolor wash over the sentiment. Not sure why, but I just did not like the way it turned out. The greeting did not show up like I wanted it to.


Second try!
Even worse! I used clear embossing powder on the sentiment. Added the watercolor wash (lighter this time) to the paper, The sentiment did not show up at all. It was all wrong.


The Third Time!
I stamped the image on the same watercolor paper with VersaFine Black Onyx ink and used clear embossing powder to create the image. I used the same colors of watercolors but made the color wash much lighter. This one worked! I framed the panel with black card stock and used SU Costal Cabana card stock for the base.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to know I',m not the only one who has to do it over and over and over.
    Very unique colors for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete