Wednesday, August 19, 2015

SC554

I am actually getting my card posted today for this week's sketch challenge at SCS. It was a rather simply sketch but it took me a while to get started.




I used a stamp from the set called "Insightful Meadows" by the Unity Stamp Co. I used VersaMark ink and heat embossed the image with clear embossing powder. I sponged distress ink over the embossed image. Love this technique which is called "Emboss Resist".I then used a stencil to add the texture. I found the deep rose card stock in my scrap box and used an embossing folder to create the design. I did not add a sentiment; that can be added later if I decide I need one. The card base was done with SU's Pretty in Pink.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Dianne, I haven't been by to see you for a while - sorry. This card is a beautiful design. Love how you used the resist to make the background for the stamped image. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty. I am not a pink person but I really like your many shades of pink. Hugz

    ReplyDelete