Thursday, May 7, 2015

SC539 -- Mother's Day

Mother's Day is always a bittersweet time for me. My mother has been gone 15 years and my mother-in-law 14 years. They both were very special ladies and had much influence on my life. I have a daughter and a son. Both are married, have families of their own and live two too three hundred miles away. They both make Mother's Day special for me. I wanted to make a card for my daughter and daughter-in-law so I chose to use this week's sketch challenge as my inspiration.


I had a new stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps called "Treasured" that I had not yet used. As I looked at the words, I realized that both Angela and Janet were all of these: Mother, Daughter, Sister Friend and Aunt. There was also a phrase that said "You are treasured". I used all those words to create my background paper and then followed the sketch for all the other layers. SU Primrose Petals was the card stock and ink that I used along with white and green for the leaves. I was very pleased with the result.
 
Wishing each of my friends a "Happy Mother's Day".
 
May 10, 2015 -- This card was a CAS Favorite for the week ending May 10, 2015.
 
 

1 comment: