Monday, May 11, 2015

New Week -- New Challenges

This afternoon I made one card for two challenges. That does not happen often. I seem to go one at a time. The challenge this week at The Paper Players is a color challenge. The colors of choice are: Lost Lagoon, Pistachio Pudding and Sahara Sand. I have the first two colors but not the Sahara Sand. I tried my best to find a good match in all my papers but really did not come up with a good one. I did the best I could. I chose a sheet of Bazzill card stock in the color "Taffy". It is much lighter than Sahara Sand but seemed to be the best match.

The second challenge was the CAS challenge at SplitCoast Stampers which was to make a "thank you" card. I need one of these so the challenge was a perfect fit.


 
I was able to attend the Michigan Scrapbooker's Mega Meet on Saturday in Novi, Michigan. It was fun to shop with several of my favorite vendors and see all the new things on the market. One stop was "The Stamps of Life" booth. I purchased a set of dies with two coordinating stamp sets. The stamps I used today were from the set called "chalk sayings 2 stamp". The card base is the Bazzill Taffy card stock. I used the hexagon hive die cut from Pistachio Pudding for the second layer. I cut the die a second time using Lost Lagoon. I layered some of the Lost Lagoon cut outs onto the Pistachio Pudding layer. Then I added three little flowers which were stamped with the SU "Pictogram Punches" set. They were stamped with Lost Lagoon ink onto Lost Lagoon card stock and punched out using the coordinating punch.
 
Thank you for stopping by my blog.
 
May 16,2015 -- Listed in the Paper Players Cut Above List.

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful card, Diane! That honeycomb background really makes it special, and I love the part of the sentiment that is on the banner. I bet your scrapbooking show was awesome! Wish there would be one of those in my area. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and your little crystal mouse is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "Taffy" is just a great color to substitute for Sahara Sand, and this card is just as cute as can be! Great background and fun sentiment! Thanks for participating in my color challenge this week!
    LeAnne, DT

    ReplyDelete