Wednesday, March 11, 2015

SC531

Every Wednesday, I look forward to seeing what the sketch is at Splitcoast Stampers. Then my mind starts working. How can I use this sketch? What paper and what color will work? What stamp am I going to use? Questions! Questions! Questions!

Here is today's sketch --


and my card --

 
I used paper from a 6x6-inch pad by We R Memory Keepers called "Chalkboard". Not sure why I chose strips; they show all your little mistakes. SU Smoky Slate card stock was used for the base and SU Blushing Bride was my accent color. I found the sketch easy and challenging at the same time. Measurements and cutting are critical in getting perfect angles. I see that I was a little off with my top piece. Can't do anything about it now; the card is on it's way to Chicago for my daughter's birthday.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment