Wednesday, December 31, 2014

SC521 -- Strips and Strips

Today is New Year's Eve and the house is rather quiet. Everyone has gone home so I had a little "me" time this morning. I made another card for last week's sketch challenge (SC520) and I made a card using today's sketch.

Today, I was playing with stripes again. I punched four squares with a pink stripe going from corner to corner. Different designs can be made with the squares depending on how they are placed. This time I created squares on point in a square. The striped paper is layered on Always Artichoke card stock and placed on a white card base. I added three enamel dots in the lower right corner to break up all the straight lines. Below is a picture of the smaller square; you can see how the four squares are placed.

 


SC520


The focal image was stamped, then I used a stencil to add the dots. I used Distressed Ink in three colors -- dusty concord (purple), tumbled glass (blue) and worn lipstick (pink). I used the same inks on the background piece which was then embossed with polka dots. The butterfly was stamped with SU Island Indigo ink on a scrap left after the circle was cut and then covered with glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment