Wednesday, December 10, 2014

SC518 -- Friends

The sketch for today's challenge at SCS was a simple one but a powerful one.


I needed another birthday card. While working at my computer this morning, I saw this piece of printed paper in a paper file at the back of my desk. As I looked at it, I knew that it was the one to use this morning. So my search for coordinating papers began. Certainly Celery -- perfect. Midnight Muse -- won't work. Blackberry Bliss -- Wrong color family.Wisteria Wonder -- another perfect choice. So the work began--

 
Since I wanted to show as much of the paper as possible, I had to rotate the sketch. I also wanted to use the printed words on the paper to show as part of the sentiment, I had to careful cut the paper. The bottom line says "A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway". (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
The line just above that says " Friendship lightens every burden and makes the sun shine brighter". The greeting, stamped on the white layer is from the Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set called "Sunshine & Flowers".
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Dianne, this card is so pretty and that "friends" paper is really wonderful.That's a great paper to have in your stash, to use for certain occasions or special friends.

    ReplyDelete