Wednesday, November 19, 2014

SC515 -- Christmas Flower

I want to post my card for today's sketch challenge at SCS.

I have been working on some card embellishments and this flower was lying on my desk. A special friend had let me use her die which I think was from Cheery Lyn Designs. I had cut several out several sets using SU Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive card stock and put them together on Monday night.

Last night I was working with my Cricut, my laptop and the software "My Craft Room". I had cut out several shapes and left them lying on my desk. This morning when I was looking at the sketch, one of the shapes seemed to fit for layer # 3. I had cut the top layer out of white card stock and it just seemed to be lacking something. Then the idea hit me to try using some card stock that I had gotten a few days ago from my local scrapbooking store. It is from SEI's collection Holiday Traditions. This piece is called "crystal icing." It is embossed and has just the right touch of sparkle and glitter. It was just what the card needed.


1 comment: