Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week's End

A new week has started. I have two cards that were made last week and not posted. My brother, Dale, had a birthday on the 7th. He is four years younger and lives in Tullahoma, Tennessee. This is the card that I mailed to him.

I had been working on several projects using my Cricut and the software -- My Craft Room. There are so many things that you can do with the software. I saw this card on Pinterest that I really liked. Here is a link to the card. Here is my card--


The original card was made using dies. With my Cricut, I connected the five 1-inch circles and cut them out using SU More Mustard card stock. I chose the letters and cut them out at 3/4-inch using a scrap piece of SU So Saffron card stock. Texture was added to the circles using a background stamp and clear embossing powder. The word "Birthday" was printed onto a piece of white card stock using a computer. I sponged that piece of paper with two distress inks -- Antique Linen and Tea Dye. For the card base I used a piece of SU Cajun Craze card stock. Using the Craft Room means that I can save my work and then go back and cut these pieces again when I want to make another card like this. Pretty cool!!!

The second card in this post was made with a hostess set from Stampin' Up called "Bloom With Hope". I love these flower images. This one was colored with copic markers and then cut out. I stamped the leaves onto the card stock and colored them. Then the flower was glued into place. I used the color spritzer tool and markers to add color to the white background. Love the effect that you get doing this.


 In this picture you can see a little of the sparkle that I added to the flower using my new "Wink of Stella" pen. I love this pen. It is the perfect to added just a touch of bling to any project.


No comments:

Post a Comment